Time for a new heater

May 14, 2012
We had our swimming pool and spa built in 2010. The Pentair Master Temp 400 recently started leaking. I have already removed the heater from the water flow and have used PVC to patch the gap. I have tried to locate our builder, who has all of the warranty information, only to find he has returned to Europe. I contacted the manufacturer and found out that the warranty is for two years which has since passed. I am looking to have a new heater installed and trying to determine what heater I should go with. I am also curious about whether it is really important to divert the water flow around the heater when not in use. It makes sense and was recommended by the pool store where I was looking at heaters.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Exactly what is leaking? If it is the heat exchanger itself it can be replaced with a new one. That heater should have all the parts to fix it still available. When we install a new heater into a system we plumb a bypass loop so the only time you circulate water through the heater is when you are heating.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.