Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 24" Above Ground Pool Liner Failure-Need Suggestions

1. Back To Top    #1

Peculiar, MO

24" Above Ground Pool Liner Failure-Need Suggestions

I have enjoyed a great summer using our 24' AG Pool. Been using the Trouble Free method of cleaning and water balance. Also went to a SWC generator two years ago. However I have closed the pool for the winter. Lowered the water level, put pillow in center and covered with winter cover. Everything fine until today. I have lost all my water in the last two days. Just pulled back the cover and found the liner torn/separated 2/3 of the way around the pool and laying in the bottom. All the water is gone. What choices do I have now to fix the problem. It is currently 26 degrees outside. Has anyone else ever run into this problem. Liner is/was 5 years old. Thanks in advance for any and all help.
    Self Installed 14,000 Gallon 24' Round AG Vinyl with Hayward 250 lb Sand Filter and 1.5 HP Single Speed Pump.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Twin Cities, MN

Re: 24" Above Ground Pool Liner Failure-Need Suggestions

You will need to support the pool somehow until spring otherwise it has the potential to sail in the wind. Placing fence stakes all around might work.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Elverson Pa.

Re: 24" Above Ground Pool Liner Failure-Need Suggestions

What type of liner is it overlap,unibead ? Is the liner ruined
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.