Intelliflo XF plus Easy Touch 8: Pump Setting.

ksweet

Jun 23, 2013
Katy, TX
I have an Intelliflo XF pump and the Easy Touch 8 automation system. When setting up the Easy Touch, the Intelliflo pump options are VS, VSF, and VF. There isn't an option for XF. Does anyone know which of these three options is the best? Is there an upgrade to include the XF as an option?

Thanks for your help.

I agree with PC. You should use the VS option. The VF option has unintended consequences like increased energy use with a dirty filter. Having constant flow rate is overrated and unnecessary.

But I have to ask, why did you get the XF?

I was installing a new pool, and the pool builder routinely installs 3" plumbing on the Spa side of the system. The XF includes 3" connections, so it seemed like a good fit. From reading the materials, it looked like an efficient design, and I wanted to spend as little on electricity as possible going forward.

So far, I have been happy with the system. When I run the spa, I crank up the RPMs to 3450 and use the 3" plumbing as a bypass directly to the spa jets. During normal operations, I keep the RPMs at about 1600 (about 292 watts), so the operational costs are small.

That's fine and a good setup. I like to check because there have been people that install that pump on small plumbing and it causes some serious issues.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.