Losing water

JonnyB

Nov 23, 2013
Central Texas
Starting Saturday I have been loosing 3" of water a night. We have had a major cold snap so I am wondering if its just loosing the water from that evaporation.

Nov 16-17 we had a 85 degree days so I had the pool at 94 degrees.

Nov 22 pool was 80-82 degrees, major cold front moved into our area. Since the cold snap I have had the pump running 24/7 for the pipes. Equipment pad is bone dry no visible leaks. We have had high humidity (its been raining) but have had a lot of wind from the north. Right now the water temp is 52 degrees.

Edit: Nov 22-Today highs have been around 40 degrees, lows 33-34 degrees

just an update it ended up being the poolmiser pm-101. The water was leaking at the bottom of the overflow tube. The easy fix would be to glue the overflow pipe in but the instructions say do not glue the pipe. It will be interesting to see how the pool builder fixes it.

Ok after chasing down multiple leaks and filling them I now have one final leak I need help with. The last leak is on the spa return fitting joint. The return pipe is 1.5", what is the correct way to fix this. I obviously cant re-glue it and due to it being pressure side epoxy wont work. Would a sleeved return fitting be the best option? Only other way I can think of is chipping away plaster and redoing it that way.

JonnyB said:
Ok after chasing down multiple leaks and filling them I now have one final leak I need help with. The last leak is on the spa return fitting joint. The return pipe is 1.5", what is the correct way to fix this. I obviously cant re-glue it and due to it being pressure side epoxy wont work. Would a sleeved return fitting be the best option? Only other way I can think of is chipping away plaster and redoing it that way.

Can you take some pictures?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.