Laars Lite 2 shutting off early

Sep 17, 2013
Model LD400N

Polaris SOL 1000 controls (which I despise) :hammer:

Roughly 10yrs old....just bought the house with it in August.

So if I turn on the spa and heater, it ignites and warms to roughly 90-94 degrees then cycles off. I discovered the water temp sensor had gone bad, as I'm in Houston Texas but it said the temp was -34, haha.

I replaced that today and it now is giving me a reading within 3-4 degrees of the floating thermometer, however still the heater won't stay on past 90-95 degrees.

Basically as soon as it starts to feel good, 10min later you notice it's a chilly, then 10min later it starts to feel good again, and so on.

Ideas? My next ideas were he high limit switch or the heater temp sensor, but if would like to have a decent idea before I just start dropping $ on shots in the dark. :?:

Thanks in advance!

I suppose there is a chance the wires weren't done correctly, I can get the 2 pack locally for $55 so figure it might be worth just replacing, but I don't know what the next step in diagnosing would be.

Making me mad bc it's getting into the 30's this week & I want to use it!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
"Basically as soon as it starts to feel good, 10min later you notice it's a chilly, then 10min later it starts to feel good again, and so on."

Are you saying that the heater is cycling? If so, this maybe a by-pass problem and the high limit tripping is a symptom of that.

Mr jonman. Did you ever get resolution on your heater cut off. I have exact same unit and exact same problem. In Houston as well. Had to replace the ignition controller already but now issue of spa kicking off at 97f. Thinking to replace the thermister as a next step.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.