Impeller removal from Intex sand pump motor

Nov 25, 2013
I am trying to find out how to remove the impeller on an intex model sf15110 sand pump to replace the bearing on the impeller side of armature. I read a forum member's july 2013 response to replacing bearings but he never showed or said how he removed impeller when he replaced his bearings. My son has same setup with model sf15110, his was froze up but with a little wd-40 I managed to free it up. I plan to drill a small hole in old bearings and use motor oil until I can replace them.

Thank you for the quick response
You know it's funny I tried this last week but holding the armature by hand (to me better than screwdriver) and wedged the flat head thru the outside of impeller against the pump housing and strained to the point I was afraid I was going to break the impeller which you might know index won't sell and according to customer serv they don't recommend you go into to repair (imagine that)

But after your assurance I decided to try again and before I could apply any real pressure it simply broke loose, simply stunned! I don't know if I loosened it last week or the change of temp (really cold for us in MS from 45' to 28' last night) did it by shrinking the steel armature more than the plastic impeller, doesn't matter I can now replace mine and my son's bearings!! There is no substitute for experience!

Thanks again

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.