Price check on re-plastering in Texas

Jul 27, 2012
Austin, TX
Hi all,

I just want to see how much others are paying to have their pool re-plastered with pebble sheen or similar products. My pool's spec is listed in my signature below. I am getting quotes between 9k and 10k dollars in Austin, TX.

By the way, I found it to be very hard to work with plaster companies directly. They prefer me to work with a pool builder that sub-contracts the job to them. I thought I might save a few bucks by going direct... What is your experience like?

Regards,

Scott

I'm trying to cut out the middle man too. I've been able to locate 3 plaster companies here in the DFW area, 1 of them was recommended to me via this forum.

As far as price, it seems close to what the bids I received. I have approx. 16K gallons and have pebble finish bids around $6K.

Prices are going to vary wildly depending on the surface, manufacturer, what additions you do, etc. Mine was $10,500 for Wet Edge Prima Stone, which is a polished stone, glass, and abalone product. I also had a new LED light installed, had my returns chipped out and new standard returns with eyeballs installed, etc. I also spent over $3,000 on my water line tile, which is something else you have to consider. I went direct, no middle man. You also have to consider I have a 44,000 gallon pool, which is larger than normal. What's amazing was the plaster guy said he was doing one at the same time that was almost 90,000 gallons - and it is a residential pool.

:) Howdy, I am in the North Central TX area. I have used (on two occasions) the Custom Pool Plastering, Tile & Coping Inc. for work on my pool. They are located in Keller TX. I have been very satisfied with their work and follow up service. If you call 817-562-2699 and ask for Ted or have the receptionist book appointment if they service your location. As others have mentioned the price will vary depending on material and size and complexity and options. ( my plaster job done with the Diamond Brite was under $6k; if i had gone with standard plaster it would have been under $3.2k ). You might ask them if they have a Winter special this year. I know they have had such discount off season deals in the past.

Be prepared to brush pool frequently after new plaster job for a couple weeks.

enjoy and good luck..

Did the $10,500 price include LED and the new return? If so, it was a very good price. My quote only includes pebble sheen or comparable Wet Edge product, new fittings and new drain covers. The quotes in Austin are higher than other Texas cities IMO.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.