brown spot on the plaster

Hi All,

I noticed a brown spot on my spa plaster today. I tried scratching it using my nail and part of it came off but it appears that the brown area of the plaster is not smooth and has a very shallow dip. To me it looked like a metal rust that was coming off but that does not make sense because there is no metal around this spot. Also this is on the wall of the spa and not the bottom. Anyway do I meed to be concerned and also should I patch it. I found the following on amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002WK ... KDG42D8KUC

Hence, I thought I should buy it and use it on this area to cover it up. Anyway any feedback would be much appreciated.

THX!

Chris

Got a pic? Always helpful.

Do you think it could be a small bit of the rebar that was too close to the surface when they formed the shell and has rusted it's way through? That's a guess, for sure, but that has been reported on the forum from time to time.

here is a picture that I have attached. I emptied the spa to take this picture. I hope it helps. It does not feel like any metal is there but it feels like there is a solid piece of concrete is there.

Chris

Attachments

• IMG_7537.JPG
    IMG_7537.JPG
    233.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_7538.JPG
    IMG_7538.JPG
    238.8 KB · Views: 20
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.