Autopilot Dig-220 Amp Draw?

drb

Sep 15, 2013
Buffalo,NY
How much amp draw needs to be added for the AP Digg-220? I don't see anything in the instructions about it. I like to keep the smallest gauge wire possible to keep the wiring more manageable in the enclosure.

Thanks
Daren

230v or 240v, 1.5 amp is nothing I will be able to use 12 or even 14 awg wiring if I choose. I am sure that a timer will not add to the amp draw, but I better ask just because I have been wrong plenty of times before. It is a Intermatic mechanical timer [T104] and I assume it has little or no amp draw, would that be correct?

Again thanks for all the help
Daren

Are you using the timer in the Dig-220 to control the pump?

Not sure yet. I will use the dig-220 to control high/low pump speed tru.

The actual timer is negligible, but whatever is hooked to it probably isn't. I assume that the swg is what you're hooking to it!

Yes, it's going from breaker to timer to swg to pump. I wanted timer first to act as a failsafe so swg can't produce chlorine when pump is not running. For ease of wiring I wanted to use 12 or 14 awg wire which is possible.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.