Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Autopilot Dig-220 Amp Draw?

1. Back To Top    #1

Autopilot Dig-220 Amp Draw?

How much amp draw needs to be added for the AP Digg-220? I don't see anything in the instructions about it. I like to keep the smallest gauge wire possible to keep the wiring more manageable in the enclosure.

Thanks
    Daren
    DRB
    16x32 20K IG vinyl, Hayward Pro Grid DE4820 w/ 2-speed 1.5HP Hayward TriStar pump with a .75HP impeller installed, AutoPilot Digg-220

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Autopilot Dig-220 Amp Draw?

In order to tell you the amp draw we need to know what voltage it's set up for?
    It draws 345 watts. That's 1.5 amps at 230 volts or 3 amps at 120 volts.
    That info is in the owners manual.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

230v or 240v, 1.5 amp is nothing I will be able to use 12 or even 14 awg wiring if I choose. I am sure that a timer will not add to the amp draw, but I better ask just because I have been wrong plenty of times before. It is a Intermatic mechanical timer [T104] and I assume it has little or no amp draw, would that be correct?

Again thanks for all the help
    Daren
    DRB
    16x32 20K IG vinyl, Hayward Pro Grid DE4820 w/ 2-speed 1.5HP Hayward TriStar pump with a .75HP impeller installed, AutoPilot Digg-220

4. Back To Top    #4

Are you using the timer in the Dig-220 to control the pump?

5. Back To Top    #5

The actual timer is negligible, but whatever is hooked to it probably isn't. I assume that the swg is what you're hooking to it! :-\
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Are you using the timer in the Dig-220 to control the pump?
    Not sure yet. I will use the dig-220 to control high/low pump speed tru.

The actual timer is negligible, but whatever is hooked to it probably isn't. I assume that the swg is what you're hooking to it!
    Yes, it's going from breaker to timer to swg to pump. I wanted timer first to act as a failsafe so swg can't produce chlorine when pump is not running. For ease of wiring I wanted to use 12 or 14 awg wire which is possible.
    DRB