Polaris Caretaker Jets keep popping out

Nov 23, 2013
I have been having constant problems with my in floor jets popping out. I know this is a common problem with this system. as I have talked with a pool tech friend of mine. He really didn't have a good solution so I tried a half dozen fixes until I came up with this one and it seems to be the cure. I purchased some very small stainless Allen head screws. I believe they were 10-32 x 1/4" long. You need to drill a small hole though the thickest part of the white plastic tab that locks it into place. To do that I used a 1/8" drill bit. Make sure you pull down on the white plastic piece as you are drilling so you don't mess up the teeth on the gray plastic that allows the jet to constantly rotate. Drill all the way through the white plastic. Start with putting in a screw on only one side of the jet first. If it keeps popping out add one the other side. Before you install the jet screw the set screw in enough to allow the jet to go into place. It should be snug but not so snug you need to force it in with your jet tool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.