No Bubbles

chessie6

LifeTime Supporter
May 21, 2010
East Hartford, Connecticut
Hi, I have a question that is probably pretty obvious but I need confirmation pleez. We had a small leak at the connection where the t-fitting is where the tubing leads up to the ozonator, so he decided since the ozonator is old and not producing ozone to just replace the entire line without the fitting and connection to the ozonator. At some point we noticed there's no bubbles coming from the bottom where the heat comes out any more..he thinks the circulation pump is bad and I think it's because the ozonator is disconnected. We can't recall if the bubbles stopped right after he disconnected it or later.. any thoughts?
As always, thank you,
Jan

Ozonators produce bubbles because they bring in air, create ozone from some of the oxygen in the air, and inject that into the water. You can check circulation using other techniques such as a tiny amount of non-staining dye (the type used to check for leaks in pools).

He thought the circ pump was bad because there's no bubbles coming out. But the heated water comes up from the return/drain in the bottom well just fine even though there's no bubbles coming up from there any more, and the heater has no problems keeping the temperature stable. The flow that comes up from the return/drain is very subtle and imo I don't think it has changed but he thinks it might be weaker . There's flow into the filter compartment from a small tubing that I believe is powered by the circ pump. It hums and is warm to the touch, so it's not dead. It's nine years old and my husband is wondering if they push water in a weakened state when they get old, or do they just poop out.

I think based on what CG said above, it's the ozonator that causes the bubbles to come up; therefore when one disconnects it from the plumbing, there's no other means for bubbles to be made and they stop.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.