SW PA
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Here are my first set of #'s since joining TFP... done on my very 1st, brand spanking new TF 100 test kit. 8)

A little history and confession I suppose... :oops:
I've only used strips occasionally and have used a drop kit from WalMart for the last 4 years. My pool has only been sick (cloudy) and black (didn't cover for winter) one time each so here goes. :mrgreen:

6/23/08
FC 1.5 (will be bring that up in a bit :shock: )
CC .5
TC 2
PH 7.3
T/A 100
CH 70
CYA 25 (water level was closer to 30)
Temp 76

My water is clear but if I don't bring the FC up, I know I'll lose it to a major outbreak! I think I'm okay with a CC of .5 but currently sitting in the danger zone if I don't get it that FC up. :whip:

PH seems to come up and down but hasn't dropped below 7.2 or risen above 7.5 according to WalMart kit but I'm going to keep an eye on it. It does come up with bleach though as I've read is normal. I *might* add a little borax.

We've been getting poured on so I'm not surprised with the CYA level plus, my brother cannon balled it 2 weeks ago a dozen or so times. I'm going to add a little more stabilizer too.

As far as CC being .5, can I just bump the CL up without shocking since I'm at .5?

Over all~
The kit is amazingly simple! It was a little intimidating when I first looked at it :shock: but it's NOT! My 11 year old dd and I did all the tests in a matter of 5 minutes. :goodjob: She likes adding the drops and watching the colors. Might I add that shipping was fast :!: I ordered on Friday and had it today, Monday. :-D Thanks Duraleigh. :wave:

And to the Members, Special Contributors, Mods and Sean, thanks for TFP! I can honestly say that I have a better grasp of pool care than I ever have!

Hi Casey
The times when my cc has been 0.5, I just brought my fc up to 5 or 6, and the cc dropped to nothing again. I have not had to shock this year, and my fc is normally 0.

I got the kit at the beginning of this season, and it really helps to maintain your pool.
You don't have to guess what's wrong any more.
I also bought a magnetic stirrer, which makes the kit even easier to use.

Randy

Hi Randy!

I just added 98 oz of 6% ultra for an FC of 5 a half hour ago.

I saw a thread and several mentions the last few days of adding salt to the pool. SOLAR SALT. I want some! Can I order it online and if I can, can someone hook me up with a link? It would be much appreciated!

I'm lov'in this kit already! I'm half tempted to go check it again! :shock: :mrgreen:

You normally get salt at Home Depot or Lowes or a hardware store. It is heavy, ordering it over the Internet, shipping would costs several times what the salt costs locally. You want water softener salt in the blue bags, crystals without any iron/rust fighter/preventer or other additives.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.