Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: My Official #'s with TF 100

1. Back To Top    #1

My Official #'s with TF 100

Here are my first set of #'s since joining TFP... done on my very 1st, brand spanking new TF 100 test kit. 8)

A little history and confession I suppose...
    I've only used strips occasionally and have used a drop kit from WalMart for the last 4 years. My pool has only been sick (cloudy) and black (didn't cover for winter) one time each so here goes.

6/23/08
    FC 1.5 (will be bring that up in a bit )
    CC .5
    TC 2
    PH 7.3
    T/A 100
    CH 70
    CYA 25 (water level was closer to 30)
    Temp 76

My water is clear but if I don't bring the FC up, I know I'll lose it to a major outbreak! I think I'm okay with a CC of .5 but currently sitting in the danger zone if I don't get it that FC up.

PH seems to come up and down but hasn't dropped below 7.2 or risen above 7.5 according to WalMart kit but I'm going to keep an eye on it. It does come up with bleach though as I've read is normal. I *might* add a little borax.

We've been getting poured on so I'm not surprised with the CYA level plus, my brother cannon balled it 2 weeks ago a dozen or so times. I'm going to add a little more stabilizer too.

As far as CC being .5, can I just bump the CL up without shocking since I'm at .5?

Over all~
    The kit is amazingly simple! It was a little intimidating when I first looked at it but it's NOT! My 11 year old dd and I did all the tests in a matter of 5 minutes. She likes adding the drops and watching the colors. Might I add that shipping was fast I ordered on Friday and had it today, Monday. Thanks Duraleigh.

And to the Members, Special Contributors, Mods and Sean, thanks for TFP! I can honestly say that I have a better grasp of pool care than I ever have!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: My Official #'s with TF 100

Hi Casey
    The times when my cc has been 0.5, I just brought my fc up to 5 or 6, and the cc dropped to nothing again. I have not had to shock this year, and my fc is normally 0.

I got the kit at the beginning of this season, and it really helps to maintain your pool.
    You don't have to guess what's wrong any more.
    I also bought a magnetic stirrer, which makes the kit even easier to use.

Randy
    25,000 gal fiberglass pool, Raypak 200k BTU H200FDN gas heater, Pentair CCP520 520 sq ft Cart filter, Max-Flo VS2303VSP pump. iWave wireless remote,

seperate spa, with own pump, cartridge filter, Hayward H200FDN heater

3. Back To Top    #3

Hi Randy!

I just added 98 oz of 6% ultra for an FC of 5 a half hour ago.

I saw a thread and several mentions the last few days of adding salt to the pool. SOLAR SALT. I want some! Can I order it online and if I can, can someone hook me up with a link? It would be much appreciated!

I'm lov'in this kit already! I'm half tempted to go check it again!

4. Back To Top    #4

You normally get salt at Home Depot or Lowes or a hardware store. It is heavy, ordering it over the Internet, shipping would costs several times what the salt costs locally. You want water softener salt in the blue bags, crystals without any iron/rust fighter/preventer or other additives.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks Jason! 8)

6. Back To Top    #6

Just a question:

Why would you want salt in your vinyl pool? Am I missing something? What does it do?
    12500 AGP 2HP Sand filter
    Five years on BBB & loving it!

7. Back To Top    #7

From what I've read, it brings the salinity closer in range to the body's salinity and makes the water feel silkier. Plus the hair and skin feel better.

Here is a thread I found intresting about salt in a chlorine pool! 8)
    the-great-salt-in-non-swg-pools-experiment-t220.html