HELP!! Pebble Sheen Advice

Producerdavid

LifeTime Supporter
Nov 22, 2013
Ok, I am in the middle of pool building - and we thought we had decided on Desert Gold Pebble Sheen. That is until I read some posts that complained of the Green hue it can take on. Of course that scares us. It is a double roman end 18x37 with cake stairs at one end and bench at other. The Coping is a Travertine "Scabos" and the waterline is a Blue/Grey glossy tile. Our house is Brown Brick and a large retaining wall on back side is brown with hints of Gray. Tile and Coping are both installed but pebble sheen is not yet. I want to stay with Cat 1 Pebble sheen and have narrowed it down to - Desert Gold, French Grey, Aqua Blue, Blue Granite. We have 2 Hayward Colorlogic lights so we will be able to introduce a lot of color. We are going to look at blue Granite and French Gray but can not find other colors to look at in area.

I would love to hear from your experience or opinions especially re: desert gold

Thanks so much David

what color water do you want? Desert gold will give off green. Aqua blue will look like food coloring blue from what I have seen and read. Blue granite a smokey blue, french gray goes from grey to blue based on depth. I am personally looking at prism blue. Was going towards blue granite, but afraid would look to grey in shallow pool

tracyne said:
It just depends on what color of blue you want. We have aqua blue. It's the color of blue windex, pretty much.

I heard that the darker you go, the less dramatic your color lights will be.

And the higher the price will be. Dark Blue finishes take a big jump in price most of the time. No one can tell me much, but the best explanation I've heard is the pigment cost. The Texas Rep for CLI could only say that the good ones cost a lot because there are few makers of long lasting/non fading pigments.

I agree on the lights and adding onto that the less ambient light you'll have on your surroundings from the pool at night. I like that effect on the trees and such at night time. To me, it adds lot's of ambience.

As an owner with Ocean Blue Pebble Sheen (which we love) I would say that the colors in the lights will certainly be influenced by your plaster color, as stated above, but the hue of the lights has an interesting impact-

When I have my lights on Blue, the whole pool glows, adding a great impact on the backyard. Red? I really don't even bother. It barely shows up.

Red looks like Shark Week in our pool! Kinda cool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.