time for new plaster . . .

pikeman

Jul 6, 2008
Pflugerville, Texas
Our pool was lined with pale-grey "swirly-looking" Marcite 17 years ago and it's time for new lining.
I was interested in Pebble-sheen, but the all the certified installers I've been talking to said that the product is too expensive and two of them have suggested the products from Wet Edge Technology as an alternative. Wet-edge has a polished surface that looks like terazzo that is very expensive too due to the need for post-cure polishing, but we actually are favoring their basic quartz enhanced material and not using any pebble-type finish at all.
They said that the pools with the high-end finish polished finishes are usually very elaborate where cost is not an obstacle. As simple working-class folk I appreciate knowing this!
So, has anyone used Wet-Edge? We're favoring the lighter colors for a blue water color. The pool is in full sun 12 hours a day, so we also need to go light to minimize the heat load.
Thanks
Pete

We are scheduled to have wet edge quartz - the color we chose is Barbados, It's a darker blue. We are a couple of weeks out I think, but I'll post pictures when it's done. Our PB said it's much smoother than even the pebblesheen finish and he's put it in several pools and loves it.

I would choose Wet Edge over PT for a lot of reasons, but mostly because I believe PT is way over-priced. I think WE is a fine product, and all the info I can find has been very positive. WE was started by defectors from PT and I think you can argue they are doing a better job. Certainly in terms of choice they are. Since I cannot get it, I'm going with a very good Quartz finish from CLI, and think it will be excellent. Good choice looking at Quartz. I think the finish is a place people skimp and that is one place you should spend as much as you can reasonbly afford. IMO anyway. Very important decision. We too are in the lighter camp for color for the same reason, but we are the oddballs. For some reason everyone seems to want the really dark finishes. Check out Wet Edges youtube channel...they have a ton of info and good videos of finished pools too.

I too have Wet Edge Pearl Matrix (pebbles). Only good things to say about it though in hindsight I may have preferred putting the polished (Prima Stone) in the hot tub as I love the pebble in the main pool but a smoother surface in the hot tub may have made more sense.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.