Pool Pilot Check OpEC error

Jan 27, 2013
Richmond, Texas
Over the last few months, I've been getting a "Purifier Off Acid Off OpEC error." My suspicion was that there was a short in the communication cable because once I fiddled with the cable, the error would go away. I finally broke down and bought a new cable. Once I plugged it in, the error went away. Then a couple of days later, I went to check it and I had the error again. After checking things, I noticed the circuit board in the chemistry controller didn't have a light on anywhere. Then I noticed a faint fast blinking red light. I figure that can't be good. So does that mean the board needs to be replaced?

I would recommend contacting customer service at AutoPilot to get this diagnosed. Possibly the 838 communication board at the bottom of the 75003 unit. You an change the setting to Purifier Mode until this is corrected, so at least you have chlorine production in the meanwhile.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.