Time to replace the liner...questions....

Sep 6, 2008
Mississippi
I've read that the thickness of the liner doesn't matter. Is that true?
I was planning to buy a thicker liner but it's a 10% up charge from 20 mils to 27 mils.
My pool is L-shaped. 42 x 24 x 16. I was quoted $3200 for a 20 mil liner (installed). Does that seem about right?

Thanks,
Richard

That seems about right price. And yes I always tell me customers there's no diff between the liners. Whatever will poke through a 20mil will go through a 27mil. (This is what the sales reps tell me as well) Just harder to install. They are there cause there is always that customer that wants the thicker liner for the "extra protection"

yup. What pokes a hole in 20 will poke a hole in 27. Would just like to add what my PB told me.. not saying its true, but what I was told and Im no expert on the subject. My PB told me that other than puncture, the liner are subject to separate at the liner bead due to the weight of the water and thicker liner can withstand that tug much better . This is why there are liners that are for example 27/20. Normal bottom, thicker walls

Punctures aren't my primary concern. Do the thicker liners hold up to UV any better? My liner bleached out in one corner very early in its life and has now torn above the water line twice (both on the bleached out area). Any way to protect against this?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.