Installing New Spa Heater First Time California Need Help

Nov 20, 2013
Hello Everyone?

My name is Andrew and this is my first post and I need some help regarding a new spa heater for my apartment building.

We have an above-ground spa. We run the spa about 11 hour a day every day. We have an old Raypak 155 that just broke last week. It lasted 7 years and it was installed before the low-Nox rule.

After researching and researching I have come to the conclusion that it would be best to replace the old heater with either the Raypak C-R207A-EN-C or the Pentair Mastertemp 250 ASME.

I have been speaking to two different parties about installing the heater and one recommends the Raypak and they say because it is easier to service and cheaper.

The other party says get the Pentair because it's more efficient and even though more expensive will save money over the long-term.

Also another factor is the current heater is cramped into a corner and neither of the new heaters will fit without re-piping and re-configuring.

So I'm torn between which heater to buy and was wondering if anyone can provide any insight on what I should do. I can get pictures as well if that would help.

Thank You Everyone for your time.

Re: Installing New Spa Heater First Time California Need Hel

They Raypak is a better heater than the Pentair like the one person told you. I highly doubt you will see any noticeable difference with regards to the efficiency between the two of them. The most important thing is the cost of ownership which means which will be cheaper to repair if and when it breaks. My vote is Raypak.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.