Pool light bulb types

Oct 24, 2013
Pleasant Hill, CA
Hi!

I'm looking at buying a replacement for my pool and not very keen on spending $400 for a Pentair bulb... I would also like to avoid buying the cheaper alternative 500W halogen bulb, which would cost me more in the long run... I found one in particular, designed for enclosed fixtures, 2000 lumens, 17.5W, omnidirectional light, which they say has a new technology which improves the cooling efficiency by up to 15 degrees Celsius, and I quote:
"XLEDIA LED bulbs have passed tests in which the bulb was operated in an enclosed chamber at 60 degrees celsius, 90% moisture and for 1,000 hours."

Or if anyone has any pros/cons against using an off-shelf light bulb, I'd really appreciate the advice. Are pool light bulbs special and/or different in any way from regular LED bulbs? :hammer:
Thanks,
X.

dvasadi said:
Hi!

I'm looking at buying a replacement for my pool and not very keen on spending $400 for a Pentair bulb... I would also like to avoid buying the cheaper alternative 500W halogen bulb, which would cost me more in the long run... I found one in particular, designed for enclosed fixtures, 2000 lumens, 17.5W, omnidirectional light, which they say has a new technology which improves the cooling efficiency by up to 15 degrees Celsius, and I quote:
"XLEDIA LED bulbs have passed tests in which the bulb was operated in an enclosed chamber at 60 degrees celsius, 90% moisture and for 1,000 hours."

Or if anyone has any pros/cons against using an off-shelf light bulb, I'd really appreciate the advice. Are pool light bulbs special and/or different in any way from regular LED bulbs? :hammer:
Thanks,
X.

I just installed one of the 545's LED from these folks. http://www.ledpoollights.net/
It has only been in a few days but works fine so far. Hopefully it will last a good long time and save me a few dollars on my light bill. 3 Yr Warranty sold me on it as much as the lower price vs others did. So far I'm happy but time will tell. Also, very prompt communication and shipping from them too. Excellent actually.

Divin Dave said:
dvasadi said:
Hi!

Thanks,
X.

I just installed one of the 545's LED from these folks. http://www.ledpoollights.net/
It has only been in a few days but works fine so far. Hopefully it will last a good long time and save me a few dollars on my light bill. 3 Yr Warranty sold me on it as much as the lower price vs others did. So far I'm happy but time will tell. Also, very prompt communication and shipping from them too. Excellent actually.
Are you able to tell me what light you were replacing with the 545s? And how do they compare in color, brightness, etc? Did you have to modify a light niche or anything to get them to work with your current set-up? And if it was a new pool, can you tell me how big your pool is and maybe how sufficient they are at lighting your pool? Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.