Pump Impeller stuck, no water flow

Jul 13, 2012
The pump turns on and sounds good but no water flow. I tried moving the impeller around to get any dirt out with my hand and then after that it started working as normal. Now it has stopped again. I don't know what might be wrong. Is there debris stuck in there or is something wrong electrically that the impeller is not working? Do I attempt to have it serviced or just buy a new pool pump? About how much is the labor for installation of a new pool pump in Florida?

What kind of pump do you have? If it has a start capacitor it may need to be replaced. Please edit your signature to include information about the pool such as pool type (above ground or in ground), surface (vinyl, plaster, or fiberglass), size in gallons, pump brand and horsepower, filter type (sand, DE, or cartridge), filter brand and size, and any water features, cleaning systems, and if there is a spa (attached or detached).

If you are not sure about the brand of pump you can post a picture of the equipment pad and we can try and figure it out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.