Waterline tile help!

HudsonViews

LifeTime Supporter
May 20, 2013
Ocean County NJ
I'm looking for suggestions for my waterline tile that will go with my bluestone coping and most likely prism blue pebblesheen plaster finish with moss rock waterfall. Not sure whether to blend in with coping or blend in with the waterfall. I am wondering whether to go with a blue stone 6 x 6 tile or a a natural tan stone look or a mix of blues and tans. Please share your suggestions and/or pictures. I am able to choose tile from united Pool and spa tile co.

Thanks!

Google Noble Tile. They are here in Dallas but have a bunch of pictures of waterline tile you can look at.

Personally, I don't like brown and blue next to each other. I just pulled that combo off my pool. Others liked it, but I hated it.

I googled a lot of pool photos, searched pool builder sites and saved the photos of the pools I liked. Then went back through the ones I had saved to decide what were the factors that I liked most about them, the shape, the coping, waterfalls, spas, the tile? Then when I met with Mr. PB and we reined in the budget, those photos helped me select the look I wanted with the budget we had. It may not be the dream pool, but it's closer than I've ever been! Mr. PB also confirmed the lighter tile for me since we are using SWCG, he said there are some darker tiles that will show a white line. All that to say, try to find some photos of your coping and finish and see what you like more. Good luck!

I'm sure if you brush it often and keep the levels where they need to be, the darker colors are probably fine, as the folks here will tell you, he was probably being over cautious with me since I'm a newbie. I was leaning towards the lighter tile anyway since I liked the more classic look.

I think that's great advice to look back at inspiration photos to identify what you liked about them in the first place. We are trying to pick a tile for our reno right now, and I just went back through my inspiration photos in my Houzz ideabook. It seems like pool tiles can either try to blend with the water color, blend with the deck color, or stand out from both. My inspiration photos most often had the tiles that blend with the water color, it almost makes the pool look more full of water to me, an optical illusion of some kind, I'm sure. So for me, I'm trying to find a tile that will almost "disappear" into my water color.

Just installed National Pool Tile in the Aquarius, Sierra Blue Slate. nptpool.com/tile/aquarius

Sorry, I can't get my pics to upload. The overall color is blue/gray and it blends nicely with my new blue granite pebblesheen.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Salt never caused a line on my tile. I will warn you though, when we picked our tile on the internet, we thought we had exactly what we wanted... then we went to the tile showroom and picked something entirely different. If you don't have a showroom near you, ask for samples. The store gladly gave us free samples to take home.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.