Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Edge-40
Just another big THANK YOU to all the contributors here. After 2 years being on BBB method my pool maintenance is almost zero. I haven't done a full test in 8 weeks, have not added any chemicals manually (only use DIY chlorinator), today's test results:

pH: a bit less than 7.8
FC: 5.5
CC: 0
CYA: 45
CH: 310
TA: 60

I use the blue test kit weekly just to make sure FC is at least 4. I fill my 5 gallon DIY bucket to 4 gallon mark either Sat or Sun each week and check level maybe every 2 or 3 days to make sure level is going down at least 16 oz. per day. I throw my 4WD Aquabot in once per weekend (been collecting lots of acorns lately!). I brush my steps maybe once a week. So far only one start of an algae breakout about 3 months ago because I didn't notice my chlorinator had slowed.

Water temp 60F. Should I raise my TA or leave it alone until next spring?

Nice work. :goodjob: I think you could leave TA alone because of your seemingly stable pH.

I would suggest you check pH just a bit more often and then adjust your TA upward a bit if your pH fluctuates.

If your TA is in balance it helps to stabilize the PH if the PH is high the calcium will come out of solution and the water becomes scale forming leaving calcium deposits on the pool and equipment surface. Good water balance is important all year around

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.