First test results

SKC

Jul 19, 2013
Prosper, TX
The PB handled all the balancing for the first two weeks. Here's my first batch of TF-100 test results.

FC 9
CC 0
pH 7.5
TA 140
CH 400
CYA 30

Do these numbers look normal? Does this look like I've messed up a couple of tests (i.e. CH)?

They do not look totally unexpected.
What all did the PB add?
Have you tested your fill/tap water?

Obviously the FC is a bit high for your CYA level.
The TA is also a bit high, but that will take care of itself by keeping the pH in range.

jblizzle said:
They do not look totally unexpected.
What all did the PB add?
Have you tested your fill/tap water?

Obviously the FC is a bit high for your CYA level.
The TA is also a bit high, but that will take care of itself by keeping the pH in range.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure what the PB added as he was the sole person from our builder that was extremely quiet and standoffish. Both visits were while we were gone, and he didn't leave any information. I suppose I can request that from the PB.

I have not tested my tap water. Probably a good idea.

If your tap is naturally high in CH especially, you may need to address that soon. Your CH of 400 is at the top of the suggested limit and it will only increase.....quite quickly if your refill (tap) is already high.

Refer to Pool School to find the normal ranges and you can adjust accordingly. You don't have anything that really jumps out but you need to make some teaks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.