Polaris 480 Will Not Move

Nov 19, 2013
I have a Polaris 480 pool cleaner and it will not move at all in my pool. I've looked for a tune-up video and cant find one.
My chains are not lose. I don't see where the problem is coming from.

If anyone can help me with this it is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

poolworld2013 said:
I have a Polaris 480 pool cleaner and it will not move at all in my pool. I've looked for a tune-up video and cant find one.
My chains are not lose. I don't see where the problem is coming from.

If anyone can help me with this it is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

1. Check your water flow (pump on, booster pump on, clean filter, clean skimmer basket, clean pump basket, valves in correct position, etc.).
2. Check the in-line strainer in the floating hose.
3. Debris may be stuck inside the cleaner's WMS (water management system). This occurs when debris bypasses your main filter and in-line strainer and is too large to pass through the cleaner's WMS. This will clog the inside of the cleaner.
4. Check for debris caught in the wheels.
5. If necessary, tighten the PRV (pressure relief valve) located on the UWF (universal wall fitting) where the floating hose meets the return line. This leaks by design even when tightened down completely. Tightening the valve on the top will allow for less water to leak, and therefore more water flow to the cleaner (at least in theory).

Also, you may want to purchase a flow gauge from a local retailer. This gauge allows you to take the cleaner off of the line and put the gauge on in it's place. When you hold it under water and turn the pump on, the gauge will measure the amount of flow you're getting TO THE CLEANER. This is important because your pump being on and your filter being semi-clean does not mean you're getting sufficient water flow all the way to the cleaner.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.