Jandy 2440 issue

MacPool

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
My Jandy 2440 is not stopping in the correct position when going from Spa mode to pool mode. It is not stopping at all, basically just making complete cycles. When I remove the handle and cover from the 2440 and cycle between SPA and pool it works fine. As soon as I re-install the cover and handle the issue starts again. The actuator is about 11 years old, should I replace the switch, or the entire unit? I assume the Jandy 2444 is a drop in replacement for the 2440.

Thanks.

MacPool said:
My Jandy 2440 is not stopping in the correct position when going from Spa mode to pool mode. It is not stopping at all, basically just making complete cycles. When I remove the handle and cover from the 2440 and cycle between SPA and pool it works fine. As soon as I re-install the cover and handle the issue starts again. The actuator is about 11 years old, should I replace the switch, or the entire unit? I assume the Jandy 2444 is a drop in replacement for the 2440.

Thanks.

This is typically a damaged micro-switch. Rarely, both wires to the mucho-switch shorted together our the cam can be spinning on the output shaft.

You're right to simply replace the actuator at it's age. The 2444 JVA will directly replace your current one. The part number for it is 4424. And that's not a typo :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.