Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What happened to BBB?

1. Back To Top    #1

What happened to BBB?

I've been "busy" lately, and haven't checked in on the forum as often as I would like. I noticed that the one of the sub forums was changed to The TFPC Method (or something similar). Is that the new name for BBB? I must have missed the post where that was decided. Anyway, if that is the new name, is it is a good change.
    John
    7 year old ~13,500 gal 24' AGP with 1.5 hp Proline pump, 150 sqft Pleatco cartridge, filled with well water with pH of about 4.5.
    Wanda the Whale pool vacuum, home made heater, Taylor K-2006
    Cloudy Pool? 1) Order test kit. 2) Follow SLAM
    New to TFPC? Read Pool School a few times, then post questions. PoolMath will help with chemical additions.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: What happened to BBB?

Yes, that is the new name for the method. BBB was confusing to some and really didn't say anything about the method.

Many new to the forum went out and bought Bleach, Borax and Baking soda because it was the chems behind BBB and it wasn't clear that they most likely didn't need them all and may only need bleach if anything.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

That's what I figured. I do remember a lot of people saying "Well, this is the BBB method. What do you mean I need muriatic acid, and not Borax?" Just to let you know, it is still referred to as BBB in Pool School. Oh, and it looks like I need to change my signature again.
    John
    7 year old ~13,500 gal 24' AGP with 1.5 hp Proline pump, 150 sqft Pleatco cartridge, filled with well water with pH of about 4.5.
    New to TFPC? Read Pool School a few times, then post questions. PoolMath will help with chemical additions.

4. Back To Top    #4

Yeah, there are a few places where BBB and "shocking" and poolcalculator still show up. I think many/most of Pool School is undergoing a facelift in the coming weeks/months.

Did you see that change ... to use PoolMath now?
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

Like I said, I haven't been here in a while, so changing to SLAM was the last change I knew about. Are there any functional changes with PoolMath, or just a new name? Any other changes I should know about?

The following is just a summary for myself so I can keep track of what I have to do.
    -Change from BBB to TFPC in signature.
    -Change to PoolMath in signature.
    John

6. Back To Top    #6

PoolMath was "created" since the old poolcalculator has been abandoned by its owner with no way to make updates.
    The biggest change to PoolMath is that the SLAM levels now match the Pool School chart.
    Also there are now choices for the 8.25% bleach and the corresponding 121oz bottle size.

I think this is also going to get a face lift to differentiate it from the old calculator.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

7. Back To Top    #7

Okay, makes sense. I've been using that calculator for a while anyway. Changed from BBB to TFPC in my signature, and realized I don't have a link to PoolMath, so I'll have to add that.
    John

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle

I think this is also going to get a face lift to differentiate it from the old calculator.
    If its going to get a facelift, one suggestion I'd like to see made is that up at the very top starting point you start by entering the size and the type of pool (gunite, vinyl, fiberglass) and then your desired source for your values (traditional pool, TFPC, so on).
    Then continue on with your chemistry values....
    It just makes more sense to me
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain