Salt Chlorinator System: No Flow

Hi
We have the V3 VX SWG Chlorinator that keeps saying no flow and we have no idea how to resolve.
Are you able to please tell me how to prime the system or locate the sensor that needs to be perpendicular to the water flow.
Thank you, our pool has only been in 1 month and has had quite a bit of sand collect at the bottom and therefore get collected by the cleaner. We have back washed the sand filter a few times but this has not seemed to make any difference to the situation.
Thanking you in advance for any assistance you may provide

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

I have not heard of that SWG? Am I to guess that you are in Australia? (add this info to your profile as described HERE)

I did find a manual here: http://www.manins.net.au/house/VX-3_sal ... manual.pdf

It would be unusual for a pump to not be supplying adequate flow. What size pump do you have? What is your filter pressure?

Looking at the manual, sounds like there needs to be a blue wire hooked up to the cell? Is that damaged/disconnected?

Hi, yes I am in Australia, sorry for not completing my signature originally.
I have already downloaded the manual and checked that the blue wire is connected. As the pool has only been in 1 month I haven't cleaned the Chlorinator as there appears to be no issue.
The filter pressure is running at 100, it was at 75 when first installed. It has been backwashed but appears not to help.
As the pump hasn't been working for over a week the pool turned green with algae. I have poured chlorine in and the water is now like milk so I assume I have killed the algae. I am unable to clear the water though because of the no flow issue.
I will find out what sand filter I have and report back. Perhaps then you could possibly give me some ideas?
Perhaps I have to remove the sand in the filter and start again?
Thank you

You need to follow the SLAM process as described in Pool School to chat up the algae, this has nothing to do with the SWG. You need to user bleach to clear it up and then use bleach to maintain FC until you figure out getting the SWG working.

Do you see good flow in the pool? The filter pressure should drop after you backwash.

There is hardly ever a reason to replace sand.

Welcome to the ever growing Southern Hemisphere TFP contigent!

elephant01 said:
The filter pressure is running at 100, it was at 75 when first installed. It has been backwashed but appears not to help.

elephant01 said:
As the pump hasn't been working for over a week

If the filter is registering a pressure then the pump is working.

BYW, for the non metric/SI unit minded on here the "75" and "100" pressure measures are in kiloPascals, i.e. nearly 11 psi and 14.5 psi.

Your signature says "sand cartridge" the assumption (seeing as you are backwashing) that you mean a sand filter, and not a cartridge filter, as they are different things.
My sand filter usually has a clean operating pressure of 75kPa, when it gets over 90kPa I backwash it.
Is there a clear viewing tube for the backwash water? Backwash until that runs clear, (it can take a good few minutes, which seems like ages when you're watching the water level drop) then rinse, then restart the filtering.
If you're filtering out the milkiness of recently killed algae (I did this not too long ago myself) then the filter pressure will rise quite quickly and you have to keep a close eye on it.

I dont know what the SWG flow issue is, but in the meantime you need liquid chlorine anyway to totally rid yourself of the algae. Bunnings is generally the cheapest location, some even have a deposit carton and refill system, but if yours doesn't then "HyClor Liquid Chlorine 12.5L" is what you'll want.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.