Large Pool Leak??? I NEED HELP!

Nov 17, 2013
I have an in ground pool that has lost 6-7 inches in one week. I filled the pool back up. Turned off the pumps installed one of those bubble wrap covers and still lost 6-7 inches the next week. I see no exterior cracks or water leaking anywhere. Any help would be appreciated.

Welcome to tfp, mnrland :wave:

I does sound like you have a significant leak. As MiaOKC mentioned, if the leak is more towards the top of the pool, letting it leak down until it stops is a fairly easy way to find a leak, especially if it turns out to stop at the bottom of the skimmer. Also, take a look at this pool school article: http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-school/leak_detection

Please edit your signature to include information about the pool such as pool type (above ground or in ground), surface (vinyl, plaster, or fiberglass), size in gallons, pump brand and horsepower, filter type (sand, DE, or cartridge), filter brand and size, and any water features, cleaning systems, and if there is a spa (attached or detached).

This information may help us track down the location of your leak, and adding it to your signature makes it easier to keep track of your information while we narrow things down.

I found the problem... I let the pool leak down and it finally stopped draining at the level just at the skimmer height. I looked inside the skimmer were it meets the pool and it had a crack at the bottom and both sides. Simple fix with some pool epoxy and no more draining down of the pool.

Mike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.