LifeTime Supporter
Oct 28, 2012
Houston TX 77064
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have had my pool on the TFP BBB system now for 2 months, so easy, so clear, so nice.... But noticing a perk to this system with the Filter Cartridges - they are easier to clean, and I don't mean just hosing off, but they are brighter, cleaner, easier to rinse. Has anyone else noticed this or am I just imaging it? :-D :party:

I do not have cartridges but, since switching to BBB over two years ago, I notice everything is cleaner. The dull film that used to settle on strainers and other PVC areas & fittings before BBB is gone. I also notice the Polaris hoses are lasting longer than before.

Ellie, while I cannot totally dispute your claim. I will tell you that you may actually be on to something. I dumped the SWG thing last season, and went totally BBB. I did get a couple of new Unicell carts for my setup, and now reflecting on things, my season old carts do look much, much better than last year.

The reason I can't agree totally is that the pool wasn't used half as much as last year. I keep it covered, but still, the gunk that normally stays in the inside pleats wasn't nearly as bad this year as last.

Bob E.

I noticed the same thing this past season. I think I only cleaned the cartridge after opening and once during the season. But, I don't think it really needed it, as the pressure only went up a few lbs... The year before I went BBB, I was cleaning the cartridge every 10 days or so. I really believe the difference is as a result of BBB !!!! Another plus!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.