Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: BBB has another perk: Filter Cartridge So Easy to Clean

1. Back To Top    #1

BBB has another perk: Filter Cartridge So Easy to Clean

I have had my pool on the TFP BBB system now for 2 months, so easy, so clear, so nice.... But noticing a perk to this system with the Filter Cartridges - they are easier to clean, and I don't mean just hosing off, but they are brighter, cleaner, easier to rinse. Has anyone else noticed this or am I just imaging it?
    13200 gal, IG, plaster, built 1985, replastered 2012, Mytilus MA-90C cartridge filter, 2716 Blue Line In-ground Pump and Motor (1 HP), (manual clean/brush/test with Taylor K-2006, TFP since 2012) in Northwest Houston TX

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: BBB has another perk: Filter Cartridge So Easy to Clean

I do not have cartridges but, since switching to BBB over two years ago, I notice everything is cleaner. The dull film that used to settle on strainers and other PVC areas & fittings before BBB is gone. I also notice the Polaris hoses are lasting longer than before.
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

3. Back To Top    #3

Ellie, while I cannot totally dispute your claim. I will tell you that you may actually be on to something. I dumped the SWG thing last season, and went totally BBB. I did get a couple of new Unicell carts for my setup, and now reflecting on things, my season old carts do look much, much better than last year.

The reason I can't agree totally is that the pool wasn't used half as much as last year. I keep it covered, but still, the gunk that normally stays in the inside pleats wasn't nearly as bad this year as last.

Bob E.

4. Back To Top    #4

I noticed the same thing this past season. I think I only cleaned the cartridge after opening and once during the season. But, I don't think it really needed it, as the pressure only went up a few lbs... The year before I went BBB, I was cleaning the cartridge every 10 days or so. I really believe the difference is as a result of BBB !!!! Another plus!!!
    Upstate/Central New York. Roman style IG fiberglass pool, 13X33, 8800 gallons, installed July 2012. Pentair cartridge filter, 1 hp Pentair single speed pump. Taylor K2006 Test kit. Went BBB route in spring of 2013, no problems, no regrets!!!!!!

5. Back To Top    #5

This is awesome - I have more to look forward to. Thank you for the validation!
    13200 gal, IG, plaster, built 1985, replastered 2012, Mytilus MA-90C cartridge filter, 2716 Blue Line In-ground Pump and Motor (1 HP), (manual clean/brush/test with Taylor K-2006, TFP since 2012) in Northwest Houston TX