Leaf eater

Here's my issue. I removed all leaves from my pool last night before bed. This morning, this is what I woke up to. And across a pool the size of mine, this can be a lot of daily work.

leaves_zpsaf015c93.jpg

I might!!! Can't wait for it to get here to see how well it does. I'm starting to get quite an accumulation on the floor, but I can't run anything on the floor yet. I'm hoping if I can keep them off the surface, it'll greatly minimize how many get to the floor. Now that I have eyeballs on the pool, I am able to adjust the flow of water and have a nice, slow, vortex going across the surface. I'm pretty positive I can direct the leaves into the skim.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have pool skim. One of the best purchases I have made.

Schedule a pump high speed run for an hour a couple of times a day and it takes care of the issue completely. Just need a oompa loompa with it to empty the bag and fetch me drinks.

And I have leaves just like that pic.

Since I have an Intelliflo VF pump, my options are endless. Today the leaves are much worse than what you see in that picture!!!

I got the skim through Amazon on Prime, if it stinks for me, I can send it back.

$465 huh, I don't think my leaves are THAT bad! :)

I don't know. $465 annualized over the next 5-10 years with zero power output doesn't sound so bad to me. Especially since it'll also keep the bottom of your pool cleaner, reducing the cleaning cycle of your bottom feeder, by preventing some of the gunk that's on top from sinking to the bottom.

I also prefer the convenience of just lifting the skimmer out of the water, whereas the pool skim requires a little more effort to remove.

Also, the pool skim could cause some potential issues with pool cleaner cords.

Anyway, I guess varying opinions is what keeps all these wonderful companies in business! :)

The one comment about the bag not being big enough would be a huge problem for me. I have a HUGE black walnut tree (among others) that dumps tons of leaves into the pool at this time of year. And my pool has plenty of surface to catch them with, that's for sure!

I don't plan on having the pool skim and cleaner in the pool at the same time. Judging by what I see on the website though, I don't think it would interfere with my robot, don't know on the suction side cleaner I have on the way.

Pool cleaned this morning, now it's covered in leaves again. Installed the PoolSkim today. Pump is running on a very low speed, 1500rpm. The other three returns are wide open. PoolSkim could use more pressure, but as you can see by the picture it's doing its job. I was reading the old thread about PoolSkim, saw the recommendation for the return nozzles below, and ordered them. Not sure when I'll have them yet, but I'm expecting good things. Plus I can run my pump at a higher speed once the pool start-up is finished (just replastered) since I won't have to run it 24/7. So far I'm pleased, can't wait to see how much better it operates with the other returns mostly closed.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004L8 ... UTF8&psc=1

poolskim_zps82494fbd.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.