Hello from East TN

Aug 17, 2013
East, TN
Hello Everyone,

I am in East TN and plan to setup my new above ground Intex 9 x 18 pool in the spring. This year, later in the season I did a trial run with a much smaller Intex pool to try to learn a little about the chemicals and upkeep that would be involved. Needless to say I fell in love with that tiny little pool that I really couldn’t do anything in other than lay on a float in it, LOL. The purpose of the pool was greater though, so, call me crazy, but I needed to know what all might be involved. I immediately found this forum and read enough to know I wanted to buy a SWG for next year and picked one up at seasons end at a great price. I am planning to buy the Intex 2650 Sand Filter pump as I know it will provide a lot better flow than the 1200 that comes with the pool but would like to read what others have used with pools that size. I cannot imagine that a 1200 would be big enough for that pool though. I recently purchased a Oase Pondovac 4 for my 1000 gallon pond and can maybe use it to vacuum the pool with, we’ll see.....
My next step comes in the early spring when I plan to level off a different area of my side yard for the new pool. I am sure I will have some questions when the time gets here.

I have learned so much from this forum and want to thank everyone for all their posts that make it possible.