Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hello from East TN

1. Back To Top    #1
    East, TN

Hello from East TN

Hello Everyone,

I am in East TN and plan to setup my new above ground Intex 9 x 18 pool in the spring. This year, later in the season I did a trial run with a much smaller Intex pool to try to learn a little about the chemicals and upkeep that would be involved. Needless to say I fell in love with that tiny little pool that I really couldn’t do anything in other than lay on a float in it, LOL. The purpose of the pool was greater though, so, call me crazy, but I needed to know what all might be involved. I immediately found this forum and read enough to know I wanted to buy a SWG for next year and picked one up at seasons end at a great price. I am planning to buy the Intex 2650 Sand Filter pump as I know it will provide a lot better flow than the 1200 that comes with the pool but would like to read what others have used with pools that size. I cannot imagine that a 1200 would be big enough for that pool though. I recently purchased a Oase Pondovac 4 for my 1000 gallon pond and can maybe use it to vacuum the pool with, we’ll see.....
    My next step comes in the early spring when I plan to level off a different area of my side yard for the new pool. I am sure I will have some questions when the time gets here.

I have learned so much from this forum and want to thank everyone for all their posts that make it possible.
    Intex 9' x 18' Ultra Frame, Intex SWG, Intex 2650 Sand Filter Pump, TF-100 test kit
    My pool setup – view here

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hello from East TN

Welcome to TFP Ripper!

You'll find plenty of reading here on SWG's in small pools in the ABG section. Enjoy your time here.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr