Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: hot tub shut down

1. Back To Top    #1

hot tub shut down

Hi, I have a sundance cameo 880. Before I often had the code COOL so i put hot water and when the temperature get up, everything went allright. Last week, the same thing happend but the code ---- appered. Everything shut down and nothing start under 80. I reset the breaker 2 or 3 times and nothing happend. I suspect the hi-limit switch or the temperature sensor. Does anybody have a clue on what it can be? Thanks for the answer!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: hot tub shut down

According to the owners manual the COOL indication just means that the water temp is 20 degrees less than setpoint. The spa will operate normally and the indication will go off when the temp is within 15 degrees of setpoint.

If the temperature is reading on the panel then the sensor is good.
    Are there any other errors on the panel?
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

After the COOL code it's the ---- code that get's on the pannel.

4. Back To Top    #4

The 4 dashes is a watchdog error. I would try unplugging all the connectors and plugging them back in a few times, and see if that helps.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump

5. Back To Top    #5

I'll try this but can you tell me a few things to try or check at tue same time if it don't work? I emptied it because winter is coming and I dont want it to freeze if it dont heat and filling it every time would'nt be nature friendly!.. I already turn off and on the breaker and wait 15min before turning turning it on and try to start it it doesn't work..

6. Back To Top    #6

The manual is pretty vague on what the problem could be other than it's a watchdog timer error. Which usually means that it took too long for something to respond to a request. I start with the connectors for the sensors and between boards. That way you're not replacing the board(s) because of a slightly corroded connector. If unhooking/rehooking the connectors a few times doesn't solve it, it may be a problem with the board(s).
    Dave J. TFP Moderator

7. Back To Top    #7

I check the connectors and even clean them with a contact cleaner spray. Nothing change, can it be related to the temperature sensor? Or any other sensor?

8. Back To Top    #8

In the manual it looks like the sensors have specific error codes. It's probably a bad board.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator

9. Back To Top    #9

And there's no way to be sure if it's the board? Because it may be expensive! Do you have a place to order the board?

10. Back To Top    #10

You might be able to call the mfg and they may be able to give you some troubleshooting tips.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator