Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Stenner or Liquidator?

1. Back To Top    #1

Stenner or Liquidator?

Trying to decide if we should go with Stenner pump system or a Liquidator when we switch over to bleach. Please give your feedback, looking for pros and cons of each system.
    34'x22' freeform IG gunite (under construction), 19K gallons, 4' - 5' - 4', 48sqft 18" raised spa with 7' spillway, 18" raised wall/weeping water feature entire rear of pool, Haywood ColorLogic 3.0 LEDs in pool (x2) and spa, 2 x 2.0 hp Hayward Tristar pumps, Haywood booster pump with Polaris Black Max 280, 525 sqft cartridge filter, 400,000 BTU NG heater

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Stenner or Liquidator?

If you have an automation system with an open relay I would recommend the Stenner pump. However given your pool size, either should work. The drawback to the LQ (liquidator) is if you run the main pump at variable times and/or have varying suction pressure, it could be a pain to get the correct amount of FC in your pool on a consistent basis.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

North East Ohio

Yep, with all that stuff going on, Stenner is the way to setup has been flawless.
    14,750 GAL IG Fiberglass (16 x 33) NE Ohio || Jandy 1HP 2 speed Pump || Waterco MultiCyclone 16 Centrifugal pre-filter (removed due to not working with sand filter) || 30" 575 Lb. Sand Filter || AquaCal 140K BTU Heat Pump || Solar Cover || Inter-fab Adrenaline Slide || GLI Monsoon Solar Cover Reel || K-2006C Test Kit || BBB with Liquid Chlorine Stenner Injection || Rayner Mighty Mesh Winter Cover

4. Back To Top    #4

Southern California

Quote Originally Posted by toofast
    Yep, with all that stuff going on, Stenner is the way to setup has been flawless.

Mine as well. I'm actually a bit surprised I hadn't done it sooner given what I know now.