Sand Shark Oscillator Stops Moving When Cleaner on Bottom

M82A1A

Sep 16, 2010
I've got a Pentair Sand Shark and for the most party, I've been very happy with it. RIght now, however, I'm getting a little frustrated as the oscillator isn't working right and as a result, the cleaner won't move on the bottom of the pool.

If I pick the cleaner off the bottom while leaving it under the water, I can feel plenty of suction into the Sand Shark. The oscillator will be pinned against the front of the cleaner. If I give it a light flick with my finger, the oscillator resumes it normal front to back movement. Suction remains constant and everything seems great.

However, when I let the Sand Shark go and it floats to the bottom of the pool, the oscillator stops its movement the moment it hits the bottom. Same effect is generated if I manually place the cleaner against the side of the pool. If I bring it back to the surface, the oscillator is pinned again againt the front of the Sand Shark.

There are no obstructions that I can see.

Any ideas on what might be wrong?

Thanks!

Re: Sand Shark Oscillator Stops Moving When Cleaner on Botto

There is one of two things that can cause this 1 to much suction will cause the sand shark to suck itself down to the bottom of the pool or 2 the chassis with pad located on the bottom of the sand shark is worn. The chassis with pad makes the sand shark sit up off the bottom of the pool allowing the suction to draw water in. Pentair part number is 41201-0240w

Re: Sand Shark Oscillator Stops Moving When Cleaner on Botto

There is one of two things that can cause this 1 to much suction will cause the sand shark to suck itself down to the bottom of the pool or 2 the chassis with pad located on the bottom of the sand shark is worn. The chassis with pad makes the sand shark sit up off the bottom of the pool allowing the suction to draw water in. Pentair part number is 41201-0240w

I bought a brand new chassis with pad and it still has the same problem where the oscillator stays stuck and the top. I've graduated the flow from very strong to weak and it makes no difference? What can I do? I also have brand new hoses to make sure I am not losing any suction. Please help!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.