Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Natural Gas Shut Off

1. Back To Top    #1

Natural Gas Shut Off

Hi all, We have a natural gas heater where there is a shut off outside at the meter at one end of the house and another at the heater (equipment pad). The gas line runs through our garage and unfinished basement. Which shut off should we use now that we have closed our pool for the winter? Both, the one at the meter, or the one at the equipment pad? Is there any issue with gas staying in line all winter? Does the line need to be bled out somehow? Thanks!
    10k gallon fiberglass freeform pool, Paramount SwingJet system, Dolphin DX5 robot, Pentair 48" Tagelus sand filter with glass media, WhisperFlo 1 HP pump, Hayward H200FDN natural gas heater, TF-100 Test Kit, and, of course, Margaritaville Tahiti blender!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Natural Gas Shut Off

I would shut off as much as possible, so at the meter. Depending I suppose on access, eg is it easy to reach?
    I can think of no reason to bleed a gas line, just leave it.
    7500 gal gunite/stonescapes, iAqualink RS-8, Jandy 2HP VS-Flopro, Jandy 200 sqft Cartridge filter
    Pentair Intellichlor IC-40, Zodiac MX-8, Fafco solar panels
    DreamMaker X-500 Spa

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Natural Gas Shut Off

Yes, both shut offs are easy to reach. Thanks!
    10k gallon fiberglass freeform pool, Paramount SwingJet system, Dolphin DX5 robot, Pentair 48" Tagelus sand filter with glass media, WhisperFlo 1 HP pump, Hayward H200FDN natural gas heater, TF-100 Test Kit, and, of course, Margaritaville Tahiti blender!