Hello from Pearland, TX

Nov 13, 2013
Pearland, TX
Hello everyone,

We are currently in the process of gathering info for a pool. Hopefully will be ready to build in late 2014! I'm grateful I found this website and will try my best to "soak up" all the knowledge I can.

I'm located in Pearland TX, which is a suburb of Houston, TX (approximatley 14 miles)

We are wanting an IG pool/spa with a budget of 45-50K. I look forward to reading more and posting pics of my project. :study:

Read and learn all you can on the forum to put yourself well ahead of the curve. No need in being one of those......."I just filled my pool with water, now what?" kind of folks! A TFP test kit in your future I see.

Welcome to the forum!
I spent a whole lot of time here researching builds and I think it will pay off handsomely. Most pool buyers are very unaware of the most important aspects, but you'll be prepared when it comes time. We should be starting a new build in the next week or two.

Thanks everyone!

Reading up on everyone's experiences and pool builds I'm finding that I have just begun to scratch the surface.

Met with our first PB (Richards Backyard Solutions) last Saturday. Guy was really nice measured my yard and took pictures, I mentioned our budget 45K and said that for a job like this your looking at 50-55K So right off the bat I can tell this whole process is going to be a struggle. Said he would not start design untill we called him back.

He did say that I should expect 5% in overages, in case they damage a gas line, break a wooden fence, accidentally break a chunk of concrete from my driveway etc.. Is this normal operating procedure?

We are meeting with another pool builder in January - Cody Pools in Houston. I will keep you posted.

He did say that I should expect 5% in overages, in case they damage a gas line, break a wooden fence, accidentally break a chunk of concrete from my driveway etc.
I have always hated that...."In case we make a mistake, we want you to pay for it." It's a personal thing with me but I would drop them like a hot potato.