Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: pool cover with waterfall

1. Back To Top    #1
    SE Pa (Bucks County)

pool cover with waterfall

I bought a new sunlight blocking mesh cover this summer from Merlin. I noticed where it meets up with the waterfall there is a cable that holds it up to the waterfall. There is about 1 1/2 to 2 inches of space between the waterfall and the cover that some leaves are getting blown in. Is there a workaround for this? I was thinking something like a float tube, like what they use for oil spills would work. I think a pool noodle will be too light, and small (diameter). Anyone have anything like this?
    25,000 Gal, Plaster, IG, Auto CL, Waterfall, IntelFlo VS Pump, Dolphin DX6 Robot, TF 100 test kit, Merlin Safety Cover Lots of Trees!, South Eastern Pa

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: pool cover with waterfall

That sounds like a good idea. There was a thread a little while back about the very issue you're having.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Re: pool cover with waterfall

Sounds like a good idea. Could you try tying the pool noodles to the hooks on the cover and or the string that they are hooked to. just a thought
    Jacob Zaluski, Owner
    True Blue Pools LLC. Lexington, KY
    Service Center for Hayward Pool Products