Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: froggybabies

1. Back To Top    #1
    South Carolina

Hello, all!

My husband and I bought our house in September of last year and were thrilled to have a pool in our own backyard. We have 3 kids who absolutely love to be in the water. Sounds ideal, huh? Fast forward to late March and off came the pool cover...ok, and out came the pool cover...about 2/3 of it fell in. After 4+ weeks of back and forth with the pool store, $300+ spent, and still having a swampy green mess I said enough. I finally convinced my husband to give the BBB method a try, which I had been reading about here and at the pool forum. We are now swimming in our pool and have been since about 5 days into the BBB method. Thank you all so much for taking the time to share your experiences and knowledge!

Now more about us: our 3 kids are the inspiration for my screen name; all of them have been natural frogs since infancy. In fact, the one year old automatically flops on his belly and starts splashing his hands and frog kicking the moment he hits the water! My oldest swims competitively and my middle child is still learning. I am currently a SAHM, love to read murder mysteries, cook and work in the yard. I have a degree in biology and used to work in a independent QC lab for medical device/pharmaceutical testing as well as for a watershed ecology group through a local university.

Sorry it took so long to introduce myself, we've been busy swimming lately...thanks to all of you! I think I would be battling other problems if I kept on the road the pool store had me on.

Take care and see you around!
    24000 gal inground vinyl
    Sand filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Ft Lauderdale, Florida
    Ahhh, that would make you Froggybabies Mama!

Wecome to TFP!
    Totally Friendly People!
    Time-proven, Fail-proof, Pool-maintenance!
    Turtles, Frogs, Phishes!
    Tanning, Fun, Pools!

make up your own TFP acronyms....
    Sean Assam -
    National Accounts and Commercial Products Manager
    AquaCal Heat Pumps
    AutoPilot Salt Chlorine Generators

3. Back To Top    #3

So nice to meet you. Cute screen name. I got tickled when you described your little one in the water.

14,000 gallon, in ground, plaster, free form, play pool.
    Sta-Rite Max-E-Glass with a 1.5 hp Emerson motor
    WaterCo Micron High Rate sand filter S750 490 lb, 4883 sq ft - using ZeoBest
    In floor Polaris cleaning system
    Blue Diamond robot for those after storm days when I can't wait overnight for the in floor to clean it.