I'm currently designing my ideal pool/spa setup, and I have specific Aqualink questions. Right now I'm leaning towards all Jandy equipment (with exception of pentair VS/VF pumps, color LED pentair bubblers, and that's it so far.)
Attached is a diagram for plumbing to the pad, Here's my basic full feature list:
Spill over spa
baja shelf bubblers
waterfall feature (not spa, next to slide)
solar pool heating
possible C1900 with pH acid dispenser
According to my current diagram, I went with the goal of being able to run every feature at once. Slide, waterfall, bubblers on one pump, spa jets loop 1 and spa heating on one pump, and spa jets loop 2 on third pump. It would be nice to have less pumps but I haven't figured it out yet.
So, the questions:
1. Looks like I need an aqua link RS12 ? (based on I tried to wire a RS8 in my head using the manual and ran out of relays and JVAs) But with SWG I need RS12 with pure link boxes? to achieve RS12 I need a standard box (RS8 relays) and an add on box?
2. So then I noticed the RS2-10, but do I really have two bodies of water if I have a spill over spa and shared filter/heater equipment?
3. I have quite a few valves (marked with A) in my diagram that would be JVA controlled. But it seems like I only get a few in the aqua link, and I can only associated one JVA with one relay?
4. For example on waterfall/slide/bubblers, I wanted one pump (possible VS with a couple speed settings, or a two speed.) and then on/off each JVA that turns on/off each of the three features. Sound good? or is there a better way?
5. SWG was going with basic Jandy with the pure link supported box, sound good? opinions? can aqua link support non-jandy SWG?
6. I don't have any options but can aqualink support the Pentair Colorcascade LED bubbler light? anyone have this with Jandy control?
7. for the two LED lights in the pool I was going to wire them to the same relay, so that they would operate and change color together, sounds fine?
8. is there enough connectors to get temp of the air, pool, spa, solar?
9. will the Jandy actually display a flow rate from any sensor or equipment? like a pentair VF pump?
10. with the C1900 I saw a post that someone used it (ORP) for salt dispense, thoughts?
11. Can I program everything through the iaqualink interface if that's all I get?
My basic conclusion (without understanding all the programming from the manual yet) is the following:
One Jandy PureLink standard power center
One Jandy SubPanel power center
One Jandy RS12 aqualink
One Jandy iAqualink interface kit (no pda or other displays, all apple for now)
One (or two) Jandy RS485 breakout/expansion board (if they don't come with the power centers)