What to do / Where to eat near DFW?

jblizzle

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Moderator Emeritus
May 19, 2010
Tucson, AZ
We have a plethora of members from the DFW area ... so maybe someone will be able to offer suggestions.

Lets say one was going to be in Ft. Worth after about 2:30PM and have 3-4 hours to kill before a 7:40PM flight out of DFW.

Any quick/cheapish place I should grab lunch on the way from DFW to Ft. Worth?
What is something that is a must-see/do in the afternoon?
Any place near/in the airport I should definitely grab dinner?

I don't know that area, and I can't believe I retained this info, but I recall a "Best Thing I Ever Ate" show on FoodTV that had Duff the cake guy who said the best thing he ever ate was at Lonesome Dove (or close to this name) in Fort Worth. Called it a Tomahawk Chop and it looked amazing.

okay, never mind. I googled it and it looks like it is well over $100 to try this dish. Good luck, wish I knew the area and could point you somewhere.

I would recommend to try The Stockyards. It's a great place and you probably won't want to leave!
It's historic area full of cafes, restaurants a museum of the history of Ft. Worth and all sorts of stuff. Very interesting to just walk around the place and window shop or actually buy something.
Burger and bar b que places are tasty enough. I wouldn't say it was exactly cheap with burgers and fries for about 15.00. Several pricey steakhouses are there too and some of them offer a reasonable lunch menu till 3 PM

In any case though, it's a great place to kill a few hours.

http://www.fortworthstockyards.org/Index.aspx

I was a road warroir for a long time and in and out of that area from 1997ish thru the early 2000's. I always made it a point to stop at a place called Razoo's Cajon Cafe. It was always a very light hearted atmosphere and what I would consider descent food for your buck and GREAT service. Granted its been a long long time since Ive been there and my tastes were a bit different back then but I would not hesitate to go back.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Brushpup is correct about traffic. A lot of construction right now but if you take 121 from downtown Ft Worth to the north side entrance you should miss much of it as the north side is mostly completed compared to the south entrance.

The Stockyards is a good suggestion and if you like Mexican food then just south of the stockyards there are several very good places to go. If BBQ, Coopers now has a place on the north side of the stockyards. H3 steakhouse isn't bad either. Cattlemens overpriced.

Downtown Ft Worth is full of restaurants.

For dinner there are so many restaurants around the airport you can find anything you desire at the time. Good luck.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.