Jul 31, 2013
NW Louisiana
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I have had a small leak of water that comes out of the collar of my sand filter when the pumps starts. Just recently, is has stared to drip a little more noticeable down the edge of the sand filter.

I assume this is caused by the O ring going bad?

My questions are what yo replaced and if it will be problematic during freezing temps?

I did recently rebuilt my motor and the pipes are glued (no unions), so that could be it. I did notice that the PVS has some water leaking from the threads. I assumed it was condensation due to the change in weather (only had a pool for 5 months).

Given that I may have some water leaking, will freezing temps hurt this area with the pump running?

so, think I should remove the valve and clamp, replace the O ring, lube it and tighten it back down?

The only thing preventing me from this is the pipes are glued and I haven't glued pipes together before. I suspect it's very easy, I just do not want to tear up my plumbing.

just run pump if you think it is going to freeze that night, and yes need to fix the leak soon... like jbizzle says cut the pipes but when you put back together use a union for easy repair and easy service next time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.