Intex Pure Spa buying replacement parts

ril0

Jul 10, 2013
Cornwall UK
Hi does any one know where I can buy a new water pump for my Intex Pure Spa .have been unable to find any spares for this model online but have found several of similar specs .Would I be able to fit another 12v pump to this system .looks like just a positive and ground connection and some simple plumbing ? :)

Ok Thanks for the welcome and for the reply Patrick. No cant even get a reply from Intex maybe its because im in the UK lol. Do you think it would be ok to fit a pump with the same or close specs (wiring seems simple just 12v positive and ground all the sensors are in the plumbing after the pump) although new pump would need to fit outside of the original casing due to its size .The original pump is 12volt 4.5 amp 400gal hour .The one I have sourced is 12volt 3amp and about 500 gal hour is designed for continuous running pipe size is the same as one ive got although not threaded .? ps spa holds 210 gals and is a inflatable Intex Pure Spa .
Many Thanks Iain

I didn't even know Intex made a spa. Again I must apologize as I am not one who should answer electrical questions. We have a couple of guys here who can give you the right answer I'm sure. If they don't find this, I'll ask one to take a look.

Welcome to tfp, ril0 :wave:

Seems like what you got could work. You will want to make sure the pump is wired in the same as the old pump since you will always want water flowing when heat is being requested.

By the way, I do not think that that spa has ever been discussed on tfp. Looks like a nice portable spa, how much do they cost?

Hi linen Thanks will give it a try then .Yes quite a nice portable am new to spas we got this from ebay for £550 and am quite impressed with the performance .Purchased as a way of seeing if we wanted to invest in a full size permanent spa hope fully next summer so far we are very much looking forward to getting one .one of our concers was running costs but we are finding the Pure Spa pretty good I wouyld imagine a permanent one would be much cheeper to run due to better insulation also by using water jets instead of bubble jets.
Many Thanks for the input
Iain

If you remove the pump and take it apart, you probably find the plastic impeller shaft has broken in multiple places.

Use a #10 Finishing Nail to gently drive the broken bits of the shaft out of the impeller.

Use a long pair of tweezers to remove the bottom piece of the shaft that might be struck in the little rubber boot in the bottom of the pump housing, if you are able to also retrieve the boot do so..

Once you have the broken pieces removed from the impeller, take the the boot and place it on the head of the #10 finishing nail.

Replace the broken shaft by inserting the #10 finishing nail with the boot on it in to the hole where the boot and spindle shaft was prior.

Clean up the mag impeller slide it on to the nail, I cut two small pieces of cardboard to cushion the placement of the impeller in to the pump housing because of the amount of magnetic pull the impeller has.

Once the impeller is in place, reassemble and install the pump.

Should work just fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi does any one know where I can buy a new water pump for my Intex Pure Spa .have been unable to find any spares for this model online but have found several of similar specs .Would I be able to fit another 12v pump to this system .looks like just a positive and ground connection and some simple plumbing ? :)
I have a brand new pump and controler for sale for the 4 person spa, email me at [email protected]

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.