Running bond border on paver patio or no?

steveg_nh

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Oct 7, 2013
Southern NH
I feel like it was easier to make the decision to have kids, than it is to decide exactly how to design our pool patio. Our patio is going to be almost 1300 square feet, or Rinox Palazzo pavers, with 9" and 12" squares mixed in. But I cannot for the life of me decide on a running bond "border" around the patio. Should I not, and just carry the pattern right out to the edge, or have a border around the whole patio to frame it all in?

The supply house said to use some of the pavers that come in the Palazzo pallets, but then that changes the install pattern a bit, as you need to account for using those pavers elsewhere.

Any thoughts, pictures, etc would certainly be appreciated!

Thanks.

I am a fan having a soldier course of pavers on the outside edge of patios and walkways. It's a very personal decision but I like it because of the finished appearance it creates. I don't have it on our front walkway and we do have it on our basketball court and attached patio. They both look nice but the patio looks more formal/finished...the front walkway more easy breezy.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.