Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentair MiniMax Plus 400-tries to fire up

1. Back To Top    #1

Pentair MiniMax Plus 400-tries to fire up

Have a propane Pentair MiniMax Plus 400K btu heater,11 years old. I replaced the control module, both hi-limit safety switches, and pressure valve in the last six months. When turned on all the lights on the front panel are lit.All connections are clean and tight Inside, on the circuit board with three green lights, two of the three are lit. The pv one is not lit. A clicking sound is present when turned on and the lights blink. I am seeking answers on this one. Thanks.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Pentair MiniMax Plus 400-tries to fire up

So when you turn it on ALL of the leds light up and blink?
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

3. Back To Top    #3

Did you test the ignitor?
    35,000 gal pool, Pebble-Tec, Pentair VF pump, DE filter, Aqua Rite SWG, Pentair Minimax Heater in Southern California

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by ps0303
    So when you turn it on ALL of the leds light up and blink?
    Yes, all the leds are green on the front panel and the clicking noise happens, the lights blink.

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by sjsoldo
    Did you test the ignitor?
    No, have not tested the ignitor. There is no sound from the ignitor, like it is trying to fire. When I by-passed the pressure switch, before I replaced it, two months ago, it fired right up. Could it be the circuit board?Not getting the proper info to let the unit fire?

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

It's very possible to be the board or it could be the control module. First check you connections on the board and see if maybe any of them are lose.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,