Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: >????? chemicals

1. Back To Top    #1

>????? chemicals

Now that the water temp by mid afternoon is at 18 - 20 celsius but it is still warm enough to potter about in polo shirt and shorts. I am suprised that I have not had to use any chemicals for the last two weeks. The water looks good and tests are in range but the chlorine has not decreased. Is this normal for this time of year.
    Living in Cyprus
    In ground overflow pool tiled 12m X 4m 19507 Us gals 16243 Imp gals
    1 Kw motor 15 cu m per min Sand filter
    I thought I saw the light at the end of the tunnel but it was just some PERSON with a torch walking toward me.
    I started out in life with nothing and I still have most of it left.

2. Back To Top    #2

Houston TX 77064

Re: >????? chemicals

Same here in Houston TX - pool temp at 65-68, out side 72-75 - no chems in a week now.
    13200 gal, IG, plaster, built 1985, replastered 2012, Mytilus MA-90C cartridge filter, Premier Pump 475V-10 1 HP (455AB parts), AO Smith Magnetek Keyed Shaft 56C 1 HP Pool Motor B122, (manual clean/brush/test with Taylor K-2006, TFP since 2012) in Houston TX

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: >????? chemicals

There will be a dramatic drop in FC demand usually. Temps affect it a great deal, and cooler one generally slow down chemical reactions a great deal.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr