Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward H250FDN Heater Front Panel Question

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward H250FDN Heater Front Panel Question

Hope somebody can help!

I am working on a Hayward H250FDN Heater -- apparently the front panel leaks water inside the heater. I opened the panel and lost the little buttons under the up and down keys!

Can you please advise?:

1. Where can I get the little buttons from?
    2. Is there a cover that I can put on top of the front panel that will prevent water getting inside?

Thanks in advance.
    NUbee!
    Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
    Gallons? Unknown. Medium sized pool.
    Filter? I think cartidge. Big beer can looking device with pressure valve on top running around 30 PSI
    Inground plaster pool.
    Spa above spills into pool. Waterslide above Spa spills into pool.
    Heater: Purex Triton MiniMax
    Vacuum: Hayward Navigator
    Pool guy does regular water maintenance.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Hayward H250FDN Heater Front Panel Question

I think you are talking about the keypad and that the buttons no longer work. I'm guessing the keypad has worn away thus causing your issue. Here is the replacement part you are needing. http://www.parts4heating.com/Hayward-FD ... kp1930.htm

There is not a cover for this unit.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks Paul. I still wonder once I replace the keypad this will again get water and get damaged. Can you think of a cover or any such thing that will prevent water getting inside?
    NUbee!
    Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
    Gallons? Unknown. Medium sized pool.
    Filter? I think cartidge. Big beer can looking device with pressure valve on top running around 30 PSI
    Inground plaster pool.
    Spa above spills into pool. Waterslide above Spa spills into pool.
    Heater: Purex Triton MiniMax
    Vacuum: Hayward Navigator
    Pool guy does regular water maintenance.

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Only if you are handy enough to create your own. It's definitely a bad design on Hayward's behalf. If you are handy enough to work with a plastic of sorts, you can mold something that will work. Or, search for some flexible magnet sheet. Cut some large enough to fold over from the top of the heater above the bezel and then long enough to cover it. If you do it right, the keypad should be covered pretty well. Only draw back is having to flip it up if you need access to the keypad.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,