SWG Cell

Oct 14, 2009
A few weeks ago I had my SWG board replaced. It was very expensive. Well now, I believe my salt cell is no longer working and probably needs replaced. I have a t-15 but my pool is only 13,000 gallons. Should I just order the salt cell online? It is double the price from the pool store. Should I purchase another T-15 or a T-9? Is it easy enough to replace by myself?

Thanks!

If Bama has not hit on something and the cell is indeed bad (have you had it tested at a pool store?) ....

We recommend sizing the cell 1.5-3 times larger than your pool. The T-9 would work although the T-15 should last longer. So the larger cell might make sense if the cost is not much different.

BTW, what was wrong with the board? You might just have needed to replace the current limiter with is < $5 in parts and some soldering.

When I saw the posts about the delimiter it made me sick! I would hate to think that was the problem. The diagnostics were showing 0 V and 0 A the pool guy contacted Hayward and they said I needed a new board. First I think he tried to change the fuses. Now, I do get a reading for volts and amps in the diagnostic menu.

Very easy to do. Loosen the 2 union fitting on the cell (might need a strap wrench if they are too tight), and unplug the cell from the controller. Then the opposite to put the new one in.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.