Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need size for odd ball autopilot cell manifold

1. Back To Top    #1

Need size for odd ball autopilot cell manifold

So I was in the process of replacing my tri sensor on my autopilot manifold. I dropped the manifold just right and it broke at the elbow. I built a replacement with a male end of a 1 1/2" union. It did not fit. The union size was too large. Obviously, the union fitting that the cell female end thread onto is not a standard size. What size union do I need?
    27' round Above ground w/sand filter
    17100 gallons calculated
    Nashville, IL

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Need size for odd ball autopilot cell manifold

Unfortunately you have to get it from Autopilot.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by dabaxter
    Obviously, the union fitting that the cell female end thread onto is not a standard size. What size union do I need?
    Yeah, some manufacturers use proprietary thread sizes among other things, so you have no choice but to buy another one by that same manufacturer.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

4. Back To Top    #4

I was able to recover and reuse the fitting using this method: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfezjNDNxNo

I had to repeat a few times, but it came right apart, just like in the video.
    27' round Above ground w/sand filter
    17100 gallons calculated
    Nashville, IL